CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Birth, death and twilight

It has truly been a crazy week, Last weekend we spent some time in the hospital with Jess, Von and baby Samantha. We are both very taken by her and Justin spent most of sacrament pointing out all the babies that were not as cute as Samantha. He also likes her because she sleeps a lot and doesn’t cry.
But on a more somber note, last Tuesday while I was at the hospital I had my first death. I was very worried how I would respond to having one of my patients die but I feel that I did very well. Then on Thursday, the Chaplin from the hospital came to our class as a guest lecturer to speak about death and dying and asked me to discuss my experience with the whole class. This was much harder and made the day somewhat sad. Well Justin had a hard day at work too, so we decided to have a date night. We started out at the mall, window shopping for Christmas presents. Justin hates window shopping but was a good sport. We then went out to dinner and got appetizers, dinner and a dessert. I had to laugh at the menu because it said “Happiness starts with dessert.” So true. We then spent the next three hours wasting time until 12:15am when we went and saw Twilight. I enjoyed it greatly. We got to be around three, which wasn’t the smartest move, seeing as how I had a test the next morning, but it was very fun and I got an A on the test.
I am very excited to go to Reno, even though we haven’t even started to pack yet. But when we get back I only have two weeks of school left.

2 comments:

Tori Mitchell said...

Hey guys! Sounds like a crazy week. We wish we were going to Reno!

Michele said...

We cant wait for Reno either, and we haven't started packing either and we have to drive:(