CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

They call me CRASH

For all of you who haven’t heard, I was in a car accident this last Tuesday. Tuesday is my long day at school and this particular Tuesday was no exception. I got out of school at six thirty p.m. and was planning on going straight home so that I could go to my viewing for my friends Mom who died suddenly over the weekend. Well, I was traveling home on the same route that I always use when an older gentleman pulled out in front of me. So, no it wasn’t my fault. To paint the picture a little better I was heading east on a two lane highway going 60 mph and apparently the setting sun behind me made it hard to see my little white car. The guy was trying to make a left hand turn onto the road I was traveling on and didn’t see me. I realized that he didn’t see me and proceeded to sound my horn and slam on the brakes. My efforts somewhat lessened the impact but not by much. After impact the air bags were deployed (side note, getting hit in the face with an air bag in not very much fun). After I realized what had happened and that I was alive I proceeded to inventory my body making sure my arms and legs worked. I then checked to see if I was bleeding. Well there was no obvious signs, no rushing fluids, so I got out of my car. I then looked around for my phone to call the 911. There were quite a few witnesses, including a FedEx man (who stuck around to fill out police reports). Ironically, not one of them had a cell phone so I ended up calling in my own acceded. And after my months of training as a 911 dispatch operator I was able to give a quick and accurate report. The rest of the evening was spent trying to reach my husband to come and get me, pacing around, filling out papers and freezing. I ended up calling one of my friends, Erin to come and get me (the accident happen about 45 mins away from burley). I went to the ER later that night once the adrenalin wore off, but managed to escape with only one small cut on my knee, and several bruises and sprains. The doctor did an evaluation and sent me home with some pain killers and muscle relaxers and a note for my teachers saying I was not to go to school until the fallowing Monday.(I missed a test in anatomy, a test in microbiology and a quiz in chemistry) Overall I feel very lucky to still be alive and not have any major injuries. Oh, and we are now in the market for a new car. Here are some pictures but they are not for the faint of heart.


4 comments:

Michele said...

Poor car:(

Michele said...

Have you found another one yet? Did I tell you we find out the sex of the baby next week?

Tori Mitchell said...

Steph! I am glad you are ok. I swear Nevada is the only safe place to drive. Crazy Utah and Idaho drivers! I never have been a fan of them lol.

Iverson Family said...

Hey stephanie,
Man, you have bad luck with that stuff. I am soooo glad you are okay. By the look of your car, I am suprised that you came away with only bruises and sprangs.
Also, Good Luck with the rest of the semester!